Apricot and White Chocolate Upside Down Cake Ingredients
3/4 c Apricot White Balsamic
1 cinnamon stick
1 t honey
1/2 lemon, juiced
pinch of salt
10 dried apricots, halved
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c Greek yogurt
1/2 c Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 c pastry flour
2/3 c almond flour
2 t baking powder
1 t baking soda
1/4 c white chocolate chunks
1/2 c kumquats or citrus slices for color (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a small sauce pan, place the balsamic, cinnamon, honey, lemon and a pinch of salt and bring to a low simmer. Reduce by half.
2. Coat the inside of a spring form pan with butter. Place apricots at the bottom of the pan (along with any additional citrus, for color), snuggly and in a circular fashion and pour the syrup over the fruit.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until the sugar is dissolved. Whisk in the yogurt and extra virgin.
4. In a separate bowl, sift in the pastry flour and add the remaining dry ingredients. Fold the dry ingredients, a little bit at a time, into the wet ingredients. Fold in the white chocolate.
5. Pour the batter over the apricots and bake for 30 minutes, or until the cake gently wiggles when shaken. Cool slightly.
6. Flip the cake carefully onto a large plate and unmold. Enjoy!